When protective factors in the community, homes, or schools are increased then the amount of overdose deaths and drug/alcohol related health problems may decrease.
Our programs offer presentations to after school programs, parent groups, church groups, summer programs, on a variety of topics. CASA-Trinity has evidence based prevention programs (EBPs) that increase the protective factors in each setting. The programs are (click on each item for more information):
- LifeSkills: A research-validated substance abuse prevention program proven to reduce the risks of alcohol, tobacco, drug abuse, and violence.
- Second Step: A program rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) that helps transform schools into supportive, successful learning environments.
- Too Good for Drugs/Social Perspectives: A comprehensive family of substance use and violence prevention curricula designed to build protection within the child.
- Teen Intervene: An individualized screening and brief intervention program.
- SPORT: A substance use prevention program designed to increase fitness, health and performance-enhancing behaviors.
CASA-Trinity also provides general educational opportunites, town hall discussions, parent information about the effects of drugs and drug trends. CASA-Trinity can provide helpful resources or strategies to prevent substance abuse. Some topics that are covered include:
- The effects of various drugs on the brain
- Opioid effects and Town Hall events
- School, parent and adult surveys to measure tendencies within a community.
- Shawna Has A Secret
Here is a link to a video that explains How Addiction Happens with young people.