Tioga Allies in Substance Abuse Prevention (ASAP) Coalition's Mission is to engage our communities in efforts to understand, prevent and reduce youth and community substance abuse through increased collaborations that inspire community change.
Tioga ASAP is committed to work in the spirit of their mission by including community partners in prevention efforts and to encourage change throughout Tioga County communities. The accomplishments of the ASAP coalition in substance abuse prevention include:
- Building capacity to more than 90 coalition members and key stakeholders;
- collecting data from youth and adults;
- collaborating with media to spread community-wide messages;
- hosting family community events;
- improving collaboration efforts with school districts and local businesses.
Recently all school districts in Tioga County participated in the Prevention Needs Assessment Surveys (PNA) which was spearheaded by the coalition. Our coalition is currently working on implementing successful youth leadership and pro-social opportunities in our communities.
What Do You Need to Know About Tioga ASAP?
- Anyone who cares about substance abuse issues can be a member;
- Our Mission is to reduce substance use and the harmful effects associated with it in our communities.
Come to a coalition meeting every third Tuesday at 1pm. The meeting is located at HHS Building on State Route 38 Owego, NY.
Below are some key publications that may be helpful.
- Underage Drinking Prevention Guide
- YOU Matter in Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- Parents Who Host Lose the Most
- Environmental Prevention Strategies
- Talking to Your Child